- See also: Land units
The division is the atomic unit of land forces on the map. The composition of each division is specified by its division template. Division templates may be created and modified by spending land experience.
Each division consists of up to five combat regiments and five support battalions. In turn, each combat regiment is composed of up to five battalions. It costs 25 XP to add the first battalion in a regiment, with each battalion added or swapped out costing 5 XP thereafter..
A division may have any number of the same unit type for combat battalions, but only up to one of each unit type for support battalions.
A division template may be specified as reserve, regular, or elite. Elite divisions will be prioritized for better equipment, followed by regular divisions and finally reserves.
Each combat regiment consists of either infantry, mobile, or armoured battalions. The different battalion types available are:
- Infantry battalions: Infantry, special forces, line artillery/anti-air/anti-tank
- Mobile battalions: Cavalry, motorized, mechanized, motorized rocket artillery
- Armored battalion: Tanks, self-propelled artillery/anti-air/anti-tank
Increasing the number of battalions in a division modifies the stats of the division: for example new combat battalions increase the HP and combat width of the division, and typically increase at least the different attack and defense statistics. Note that the divisions organization is the average of the organization of the included battalions, thus it is possible that the divisions (average) organization actually drops when adding new battalions.
A division may have up to five different support companies or battalions, and the options are:
- Support artillery
- Support anti-air
- Support anti-tank
- Engineer company, increases the entrenchment stat of the division. Helps in attacking forts and river crossings.
- Recon company, increases the reconnaissance stat of the division, making easier to counter enemy combat tactics.
- Military police, gives bonus to the suppression stat of the division helping to keep insurgency down.
- Maintenance company, adds reliability bonus to the division, reducing the losses from training and combat.
- Field hospital, increases trickleback stat and reduces experience loss when taking casualties.
- Logistics company, reduces the supply consumption of the entire division.
- Signal company, increases the initiative stat of the division, speeding up combat planning and increasing chances of reserves joining the battle.
When adding a support battalion the effect to overall division stats can be seen in tooltip in the division designer dialogue.
Army experience costs
Modifying a division template may cost army experience.
|Duplicate a template||0|
|Change a template's equipment||0|
|Change a template's priority||0|
|Add a combat regiment of an existing type||5||Includes one battalion.|
|Add a combat regiment of a new type||25||Includes one battalion.|
|Add/swap out a combat battalion||5|
|Remove a combat battalion||5||This can remove the last combat battalion in a regiment, removing the regiment.|
|Change a combat regiment type to an existing type||5 per battalion||The existing battalions may be swapped or removed within the new regiment type at no additional cost.|
|Change a combat regiment type to a new type||25 + 5 per battalion||The existing battalions may be swapped or removed within the new regiment type at no additional cost.|
|Add/swap out a support battalion||10|
|Remove a support battalion||10|
Division unit type
The overall division unit type is indicated by its default NATO icon. It determines whether certain military high command affects the division. The division unit type is determined by multiplying an internal priority score by the number of units of each type, and taking the unit type with the highest score.
|Heavy SP Anti-Air||301||armor|
|Heavy SP Artillery||1797||armor|
|Heavy Tank Destroyer||1797||armor|
|Light SP Anti-Air||301||armor|
|Light SP Artillery||1795||armor|
|Light Tank Destroyer||1795||armor|
|Medium SP Anti-Air||301||armor|
|Medium SP Artillery||1796||armor|
|Medium Tank Destroyer||1796||armor|
|Modern SP Anti-Air||301||armor|
|Modern SP Artillery||1796||armor|
|Modern Tank Destroyer||1796||armor|
|Motorized Rocket Artillery||1199||artillery|
|Super Heavy SP Anti-Air||301||armor|
|Super Heavy SP Artillery||1798||armor|
|Super Heavy Tank Destroyer||1798||armor|
|Support Rocket Artillery||0||infantry|